Triple seating has a big influence on a Royal Enfield 350 CC motorcycle's mileage. Here are some things to consider:
1. Added Weight: The weight that the bike must carry as a result of the extra passenger rises. This added weight puts more stress on the engine, lowering fuel economy. Increased fuel consumption results from the engine having to work more to accelerate, maintain speed, and climb inclines.
2. Aerodynamics: The motorcycle's aerodynamics are altered by triple seating. Higher drag may be experienced due to the additional passenger's larger frontal area and greater wind resistance. Reduced mileage results from the engine having to work more to maintain the same speed due to the higher drag.
3. Riding Habits: Triple sitting often results in modifications to riding practises. The rider may need to accelerate more quickly, use more power, and shift gears more often when there are more people on board. The aggressive riding style may have a detrimental effect on fuel economy.
4. Tyre Wear: Triple seating adds weight, which increases the strain on the tyres. This may eventually result in greater rolling resistance and increased tyre wear, which will further reduce fuel economy.
To minimise the impact on mileage while travelling with triple seats, it is advised to keep the following in mind:
1. Maintain prescribed Tyre Pressure: Ensure that the tyres are inflated to the prescribed pressure per the manufacturer. By doing so, rolling resistance is decreased and fuel economy is improved.
2. Stable and Smooth Riding: Encourage the riders to ride steadily and smoothly. Keep your throttle inputs strong, your braking harsh, and your acceleration needless. Mileage may be increased with controlled and smooth cycling.
3. Periodic Upkeep: Perform routine repairs and maintenance on the motorbike in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. This covers oil changes, air filter cleaning, and engine tuning. Motorcycles that have been well-maintained often have superior fuel economy.
4. Limit Triple Seating: Although a Royal Enfield 350 CC can carry three people, it is often advised to travel with the maximum number of passengers that the vehicle is capable of supporting. The bike's performance and mileage will be improved if you ride with the advised number of passengers.
Remember that a variety of factors, such as the condition of the roads, your driving style, the upkeep of your car, and the weight of the passengers, will determine the real impact on mileage. It is always a good idea to check the owner's handbook or a Royal Enfield service station for specific tips on optimum mileage for your particular model.